Recognition of foreign professional qualifications

Are you a citizen of an EU/EEA state looking to practice your profession in Norway? If so, it is important to check if you need recognition of your foreign professional qualifications.

If you wish to practice your profession in Norway temporarily or through establishment, you must check if you need to notify the authorities or apply for recognition of your professional qualifications. The competent authority will assess whether you meet the requirements to practice the profession and use the professional title in Norway. Requirements vary depending on which profession you wish to practice. Here you can find an overview of the regulated professions in Norway which may require that you apply for recognition, depending on whether you wish to work temporarily or if you wish to establish yourself in Norway.

A complete list of regulated professions, with the relevant authority, can be found here

If you wish to practice a profession temporarily that may pose a risk of serious damage to the health or safety of the service recipient, the responsible authority may carry out a prior check of your professional qualifications before authorizing the exercise of the profession.

Here you will find information regarding prior checks – checks of professional qualifications , and a list of professions where checks of professional qualifications is required in order to provide the service temporarily.

More information regarding regulated education and training in Norway

Information and a list of professions with possibility to apply for The European Professional Card (EPC)


Open contact form